HOW TO EFFECTIVELY SCREEN YOUR PROSPECTIVE TENANTS
Knowing your tenants before handing over the keys is important. Below is a step by step guide on how to effectively screen your prospective tenants.
- Set Your Acceptance Criteria:
- Before you start allowing applicants to apply its vital to have your qualifications & acceptance criteria in place.
- Signed & Completed Rental Application & Consent Authorization Form:
- The first step to screen your tenants is having a completed rental application along with a signed consent & authorization form which allows you, the landlord/property manager, to run a credit check along with other reports.
- Review Application, Verify Residency & Employment:
- Once you have the signed rental application & consent form, you need to review the details in the application. Items such as income, debt, & proposed rent can help you identify the limits to set for Rent to Income ratios.
- Verify their current & past landlords
- Verify employment
- Contact personal references
- Order a Credit, Eviction and/or Criminal Background check
- Make sure your not moving in someone who can endanger the property and/or the neighborhood
- Reduce the risk of evicting your tenants
- Reduce the risk of damage to your property
- Reduce the risk of loss rent
- Tenants sign your lease forms
- If your applicant is approved, the lessee will need to sign your lease agreement along with any addendum's you may have
TECHNOLOGY THAT HELPS AUTOMATE ALL OF THESE TASKS
Insight Screening Solutions provides the proper tools which helps you operate more efficiently. Contact our office today for a demo of QuickView, QuickVerify, QuickApp, & QuickLeasePro!